Class of 1961 50 Year Class Reunion
Greetings fellow 1961 NCHS Alumni. We just had our 50 year class reunion and it went off without a hitch. It was great for those who attended and for those who didn't, you missed a good time and the opportunity to visit with some old friends.
Special thanks to the Class of 1986 who pulled this off for us under the guidance of Renee' May, Kim Boyd & also Loretta Hall from the class of 1985.
Everybody should know that a nice man by the name of Harry Orr followed us around to all of our events with his camera and took countless pictures of us. If you see any pictures in here that you would like to have reproduced, you can contact Harry at: Artistic Imagery: www.harryorr.zenfolio.com All of these photos are available on his website. He has given me permission to use these photos in this website for all to enjoy viewing.
Our hired photographer taking pictures was Terisa Lingafelter of Country Road Photography: www.countryroadphoto.com. About half of the photos you will see in this part were taken by Harry Orr and half by Terisa. She too has given me permission to use the photos and has them posted on her website also. A class picture is also available there for you to download if you would like.
1. The weekend event started off on THURSDAY EVENING, SEPTEMBER 29th with an informal get-together at the KC Hall. Finger food and snacks were furnished compliments of the Class of 1961. The KC let us use their hall free of charge and we thank them for that. If you would like to see some of your friends who made it to this event, CLICK HERE If you're not able to view the slide show, you can still see the photos by clicking HERE.
2. FRIDAY AFTERNOON, SEPTEMBER 30 was the Homecoming parade and a tour of the high school. If you would like to see how the parade went CLICK HERE. If you're not able to view the slide show, you can still see the photos by clicking HERE.
3. FRIDAY EVENING we had a big "tailgate" party out at the football stadium. After the party we were ushered out onto the football field at half time to be introduced. When they called out our name we released our balloon. Who would know who we were anyway after 50 years. If you'd like to see how that went CLICK HERE. If you're not able to view the slide show, you can still see the photos by clicking HERE.
4. SATURDAY MORNING we met at the Senior Center for coffee and donuts. Don't ask me why they chose the Senior Center. That's the place the OLD people hang out. Maybe it's because they let us use it for free if we left some donuts lay around after we left. If you'd like to see how that went CLICK HERE. If you're not able to view the slide show, you can still see the photos by clicking HERE.
5. SATURDAY EVENING was the banquet held at the St. Thomas Parish Center in Newton. This was a real nice event with good food, good friends and some more old memories exchanged. If you'd like to see how this went CLICK HERE. If you're not able to view the slide show, you can still see the photos by clicking HERE.
If you would like a look back into the past to see what our class members looked like in 1961 CLICK HERE.
Terisa took 7 photos of our class together. Feel free to pick the one you like the best and download it from here or go to her website above:
Send any comments or concerns to: LarryDwyer (at) NewtonHighAlumni.com